Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 08:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      VANDERHOEK TIMOTHY MICHAEL <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/9375: Handbook addition: Automated PLIST building for ports

The following reply was made to PR docs/9375; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: VANDERHOEK TIMOTHY MICHAEL <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To: Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:26:43 -0500

 On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Tom Hukins wrote:

 > >I believe one of the other *BSDs has something built-into their
 > >bsd.port.mk, as well as some other advice in assorted
 > >documents/collective mailing-list knowledge.
 >
 > I'll look into this - any pointers would be welcome!

 OpenBSD has a ``make plist'' target in bsd.port.mk.  It looks like it
 shouldn't be too hard to extract as a shell script for users.  I don't
 know how well it works.

 [I don't think we should have a plist target in our bsd.port.mk].

 Feel free to mention multiple ways to generate the plist --- the other
 stuff you wrote would still be good even in the face of such a shell
 script.

 --
 Me.  Who'd you think sent this?