Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <dave@dnh.pce.net>
To:        Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
Cc:        Michael Slater <mikey@iexpress.net.au>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fact or Fiction (Unix vs NT)

Slashdot had a rather extensive discussion of this. Read the comments
about the article. According to what I can gather from hearsay:

Basically, the test appears to be funded by microsoft, and there are many
complaints about how it was conducted. Furthermore, Mindcraft has
developed quite a reputation for crappy and skewed tests.  Have a look at
some of their other benchmarks. They would have you believe that -NT kicks
ass on Solaris, Novell etc.

Be sure to read the commments at slashdot- it's rich. They even have
Mindcraft's posting to a newsgroup about Apache performance.

Also, be sure to visit
http://www.novell.com/advantage/nw5/nw5-mindcraftcheck.html
to see how a similar test "proved" NT was better than Novell Netware 5.0