Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:55:11 +0100
From:      Ireneusz Pluta <ipluta@wp.pl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supermicro X9DRD-iF

OK. I got the configuration as advised. The raid controller is MegaRAID SAS 9266-4i.

But 9.0-RELEASE does not seem to boot. It stops with messages like (rewritten manually):

mpt0: <LSILogic SAS/SATA adapter> ... on pci131
mpt0: soft/hard reset failed: device not running
mpt0: mpt_reset: failed hard reset (0:0)
mpt0: mpt_reset: failed hard reset (0:1)

why the mpt device shows up - is it mfi misrecognized?

9.1-RCx (image which is available today) seems to start and reporting:

mfi0: <ThunderBolt>  ... on pci131

Why 9.0 has a problem? I initially suspected that mpt was some onboard device of the motherboard,
but the same pci location in both cases indicates that it is just the 9266-4i.

Is there a way to get 9.0 running? I would like to get the hardware into production and I am OK with
9.0 for now, while 9.1 is still RC.

Thanks
Irek.