Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 11:43:56 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        dstenn@fanfic.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB AWE64 support

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Dennis Tenn wrote:
> >
> > >  awe0 at 0x620 on isa
> > >  AWE32 not found
> > >  AWE32: not detected
> > >

> > I have the same problems with SB32 PnP (with AWE32), it seems
> > that AWE lacks of some initialization 'cause it work under Win95.
>
> I don't remember well but i think you have to do something like
>
> 	pnp 1 X os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

Yes, it helps! Could we do it by default somehow?

BTW, playmidi sounds on AWE32 is really strange comparing to Win95 case...
It seems that all notes are right, but really weird... Is AWE32 require
some patch loading? I think it was able to play using default bank...

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>