Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:41:16 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxtv-0.43 compile-time errors

(I'm Ccing the list since others on -current will soon be hitting the same
thing with fxtv until 0.44 is released -- hope to do this in a week or so).

Hugh LaMaster:
 |I'm attempting to compile fxtv-0.43 under FreeBSD 3.0-current,
 |and, I get the following errors.  Ideas or comments??
 |In file included from /usr/include/sys/shm.h:42,
 |                 from glob.c:35:
 |/usr/include/sys/ipc.h:54: parse error before `ushort'

Kyle Mestery mentioned this problem to me in some mail recently.
Apparently there's been a recent change in system include file #includes in
-current.  Here's the info I sent to Kyle -- please try this:

> To your problem: How I wish FreeBSD believed in stand-alone include files...
>
> Anyway, I bet this'll fix it:  Please add:
>
>     #include <sys/types.h>
>     #include <sys/ipc.h>
>
> before the:
>
>     #include <sys/shm.h>
>
> in both glob.c and tvscreen.c.

According to Kyle, this fixes glob.c, but there are still some unresolved
symbols in tvscreen.c.  If it's not apparent what's wrong, please let me
know and we'll work through those too.  Doubtless more #includes needed
there as well.

...how I wish FreeBSD believed in stand-alone include files.

Randall