Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:16:01 -0500
From:      Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prevent ports from reinstalling XFree86

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:53:39 +0200 (CEST)
Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Vulpes Velox wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:16:28 +0200 (CEST)
> > Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:
> >> I am quite happily running xorg for about a week now.
> >> What would be the recommended way to prevent ports from
> >> reinstalling XFree86?
> >
> > Try recvsuping... it works on my 5.2.1 box... Xorg fails to
> > compile on my 4stable box though...
> Sorry, I think I didn't express myself correctly:
> Xorg components built well, and the new meta port works fine,
> too.
> But many ports depend on XFree86-libraries and -fonts.
> What I wanted to know: Is there some way to keep them from
> reinstalling XFree86 components (during a portupgrade p.ex.)?

Like I said, I have no clue about 4stable, since it fails to build on
my box with that installed. But on 5.2.1, it works perfectly. That is
why I suggest recvsuping...

Well with portupgrade, after deinstall the XFree86 ones and installing
the Xorg ones, I would suggest running pkgdb -uF... that should
straigthen it all out...