Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 14:27:26 +0930 (CST)
From:      Ivan Brawley <brawley@internode.com.au>
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk (Roger Hardiman)
Cc:        rom_glsa@ein-hashofet.co.il, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, aa8vb@ipass.net
Subject:   Re: bt878 based card.

Roger Hardiman wrote saying:
} > Its a LifeView FlyVideo card, and I was wondering if I
} > could somehow make it work under freebsd.
}
} No problem. We should be able to get this card working very well.

Good, I have the same card, as I have not yet managed to get it working..

} > I have added the following lines to my kernel:
} > (4.0-CURRENT, as of two weeks ago)

I'm running 3.1-RELEASE with the drivers as of end of April.

} So, we need to do a few steps to support your card.
}
} Firstly, can you run
} "fxtv -debug startup"

I'll send this to you later, however, what does happen is that fxtv starts
up, but I don't see any picture when I select the tuner. I get a few lines
of noice but thats it.

What I have done also, is to put in debug messages into the driver, and found
that the driver is unable to access the card's eeprom (which is one of the
first steps fxtv wants to do).

I've traced to the function /sys/pci/bt848_i2c.c:bti2c_write().

The loop that "check for ACK" appears to finish without an ACK being returned
correctly or something. I've tryed getting to wait longer, without success,
then I tryed commenting out the "bti2c->int_stat =" line as well, again
without success.

} fxtv should start. You sould be able to get video from a VCR
} or cam-corder. You may have problems with the Tuner.

I _must_ try this. I've been meaning to do this as well. When the video in is
selected, the window goes to the nice shade of blue (which is expected
without a video feed...).

ivan.
--
Ivan Brawley