Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:32:26 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem with the package builds

Kevin Oberman wrote on 2023/07/10 14:01:

> I have been monitoring the builds of amd64 builds for at least two years
> and this is way outside of the norm. It continues to build packages at a
> rate of 10 per hour which would still mean that the build will not complete
> until late August. I guess I could go do a statistical analysis, but it is
> way beyond the need for that.
>
> I'm sorry, but this is clearly broken. Can't say whether it is hardware or
> software, but the numbers have moved far beyond reasonable.

No, actually I suspect there is something wrong with the base as well. :)
There must be something wrong with the area around the disk IO.
It often goes to access as if the cache is not working and the HDD random access is unusually slow.
I'm hesitant to move to version 13 series because I'm afraid of malfunctions in that area.

But I don't know because the head-flying time and wear level are exhausted storage.
I haven't tried replacing that because it's a pain in the ass. :)

Regards.