Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:56:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        "Matthew D. Rude" <evenly@usfamily.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Mounting a network drive

On 15-Dec-00 Matthew D. Rude wrote:
> what i would like to do is to mount a network (winNT4.0) drive on my
> FreeBSD 4.2 box and then beable to FTP into the BSD box and read and
> write to the WinNT system. is the posable and if so HOW??? i kinda have
> my FTP server up now but i dont even know how to change the dir the
> loging goes to.
>
> thanks
> -matt

/usr/ports/net/sharity-light

works well, it's not superstable so it needs to be restarted every few
days. I initially had some problems with the connection but adding the
shared name of the windows box to /etc/hosts like this

192.168.3.1     CHIPKO

made them all go away.

E-Mail: Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>