Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:57:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dr Noonian Soong <noonian@loonybin.dreamhaven.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   please help w/ LyX port

Hi :)

I've been trying to get the LyX port to install on 2.2.2-RELEASE.  The
configure script seems to run without any problems until it gets to the
forms.h part:

checking for forms.h... no

*********** configure warning ***********
Can't find forms.h. Please check that the xforms library
is correctly installed on your system.

I have installed the xforms port (twice, jsut to make sure ;), and still
no dice.  I've tried searching the archive and havent found anything that
helps (the libforms.a trick didnt work).  I also checked to make sure
forms.h exists:
-rw-r--r--  1 root  10  88037 Nov 11 23:05 /usr/X11R6/include/forms.h

I've tried about everything I can think of, but nothing works.

If it makes a difference, I have done a pkg_add 222upgrade-97.07.21.tgz
and have tried on both the lyx port from when I originally installed and
with the port I downloaded last week -- neither has worked.

Judging by the lack of other questions about this problem in the archive,
am I the only person who has this problem?

Noonian

==|  Dr Noonian Soong  |===|  Noonian@dal.net  |===|  Noonian on DALnet  |==
==|        Corey's  Fourth Law of Thermodynamics:  This sucks!           |==