Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:14:43 -0800
From:      <<soralx@cydem.org>>
To:        <mlager@milieunetworks.com>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a Intel Mac...

>>> I haven't seen much discussion about this, but I was able to get a
>>> fully functional FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 system dual-booting with Mac OS X
>> [why Apple?]
> I'm not stating that an Apple laptop is so cool that you would want to
> install FreeBSD on it, however, if one has an Apple laptop, FreeBSD
> is so cool that you would want to install it on one.
>
> I develop applications for a company on an Apple laptop for Mac OS X,
> and finally I can use FreeBSD on it when not needing to be in Mac OS
> X, rather than having to switch over to another laptop.
>
> Did you get the impression that I was calling x86 users ignorant? I'm
> an x86 user as well, and by the way, an Intel Mac is x86, so I'm not
> sure what your point was exactly.

Apparently, I did not express myself clearly. What I meant is this:
being ignorant of Apple hardware most of my life (never liked Macs,
except the quality of materials), I noticed that you successfully
installed FBSD on an Apple laptop (now that they're x86, this _can_ be
done). So I figures, these machines must be really worth it, if you
went through all that trouble. If so, I'd like to know their pros,
compared to a typical notebook by other manufacturers (it so happens
that I'm keeping my eye open for a decent laptop lately -- which is
not as easy to find, btw).

Also, that message was private, so by 'us' I meant 'me' :)

> Anyway, cheers.
>
> Matt

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2