Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 08:48:47 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Joao Pedras <jpedras@mail.telepac.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: postscript printer 4 FreeBSD

Joao Pedras wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm looking into buying a postscript printer for my workgroup. I am thinking
> about the Hp 2100M printer, which has postscript. Is someone using this one ?
> With what sucess ?

The problem with the HP 2100m is that it is a Postscript 2 and 3 is the
current version.

> Do you advice other printer ?

For a workgroup, I think the HP-4000 is a better printer. Unfortunately,
it is also Postscript 2. It has a heavier duty cycle. The most
significant benefit from the 4000, from my point of view, is that you
can also purchase a duplexer and print on both sides of the paper. I
hate manuals that I have to flip every page. Think of a copy of the
FreeBSD handbook in two 2" binders instead of 8" of binders.

Kent

> Joao

> Sent on 06-Jun-99 at 15:01:03
> Powered by FreeBSD -> http://www.freebsd.org <-  "The Power to Serve"
> PGP key available upon request or may be cut at
> http://members.tripod.com/fbsd/pgpkey.html

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com