Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:03:20 +0100
From:      "army.of.root" <army.of.root@googlemail.com>
To:        Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome2-lite and epiphany

Hi,

I'm in favor of removing all heavy, very optional, stuff from the gnome2-lite port.

In my mind that is yelp with xulrunner and epiphany. I had to modify manually,
while loudly cursing, multiple makefiles (because of inclusion) to get gnome
without the unwanted installation of mentioned ports.

I really dont think the current dependency is reasonable at all. - Especially
if the user favors another browser. - And btw, in my opinion gnome2-lite should
represent the set of ports that make gnome's 'magic' background stuff work, not
the actual environment of nasty totem,evoluton,epiphany,ekiga.. programs.

Please add a switch to the gnome2-lite port that disables
yelp,yulrunner,epiphany,webkit dependencies.

Thanks for doing all the great work for the FreeBSD Community you all :)