Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:40:01 GMT
From:      Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm@yahoo.it>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/180604: devel/xdg-utils: xdg-screensaver depends on dcop

The following reply was made to PR ports/180604; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm@yahoo.it>
To: Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 08:36:53 +0200

 Hello Raphael,

 sorry for the noise. I believe that I did a wrong test yesterday, so
 please forget the funny "bash vs csh" thing.

 Here is what happens today, after a cold boot.

 Using bash:

 $ xdg-screensaver status
 /usr/local/bin/xdg-screensaver: dcop: not found
 ERROR:  kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled returned ''

 In the same xterm i run csh and retry:

 $ csh
 % xdg-screensaver status
 /usr/local/bin/xdg-screensaver: dcop: not found
 ERROR:  kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled returned ''

 Running sh -x, here is the debugging output (from bash):

 $ sh -x /usr/local/bin/xdg-screensaver status
 + check_common_commands status
 + [ 1 -gt 0 ]
 + parm=status
 + shift
 + [ 0 -gt 0 ]
 + [ -z '' ]
 + unset XDG_UTILS_DEBUG_LEVEL
 + [ 0 -lt 1 ]
 + xdg_redirect_output=' > /dev/null 2> /dev/null'
 + false
 + DEBUG 1 'mv -T not available'
 + [ -z '' ]
 + return 0
 + MV=mv
 + echo -:0
 + sed s/:/-/g
 + screensaver_file=/home/arrigo/.xdg-screensaver---0
 + which lockfile
 + lockfile_command=''
 + which xprop
 + XPROP=/usr/local/bin/xprop
 + [ xstatus != x ]
 + action=''
 + window_id=''
 + action=status
 + detectDE
 + [ xtrue = xtrue ]
 + DE=kde
 + xscreensaver-command -version
 + grep XScreenSaver
 + [ status = resume ]
 + perform_action status
 + result=1
 + [ status = resume ]
 + [ status = reset ]
 + screensaver_kde status
 + dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled
 /usr/local/bin/xdg-screensaver: dcop: not found
 + status=''
 + result=127
 + [ x = xtrue ]
 + [ x = xfalse ]
 + echo 'ERROR:  kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled returned '\'\'
 ERROR:  kdesktop KScreensaverIface isEnabled returned ''
 + return 1
 + [ status = suspend ]
 + [ status = suspend ]
 + [ 127 -eq 0 ]
 + exit_failure_operation_failed
 + [ 0 -gt 0 ]
 + exit 4
 $

 I am not sure it is useful, but I can tell you that:

 $ xscreensaver-command -version

 prints out:

 xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0

 I hope this helps.

 Thank you and best regards,
 --
 rigo