Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:40:46 +0200
From:      Michael Schuh <michael.schuh@gmail.com>
To:        rwatson@FreeBSD.org, aiy@ferens.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quality of FreeBSD

Hi,

at this point i musttail my paint with you and the other's.
I have really made a few tests on one big issue or RELENG_5.
At the time as it was early enough to change things, but the guys they
have me telled someone else have to fast machines to test ( in my eyes
they should test on some sloweer hardware, to become the maximum
performance)

I have telled some guys the problems that i have found, these Problems are=
=20
really important for other issues ( performance from applications etc.)

but no one would really hear what i have to say, they telled me some
unrelevant ( and many bullshit), and they think not before they
speak.....

so that the result for me ist to wait on RELENG_6, so that i made one
or two tests and if the tests do not perform in the right direction
then i leave the
FreeBSD and going back to Linux or switching eventually to DragonFly.

Now my question to you : is the performance of ata-related disk-access
under UFS-Filesystem not important for other application, so that the
performance can be a half of them that RELENG_4 does?

In fact under RELENG_4 i can write a GIG FIle double as fast as under
RELENG_5 ! and i would not hear any thing about serial performance or
that this is not really like the real world, if i syimulate that with:

/usr/bin/time dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/zerofile bs=3D1024 count=3D1024k;
this is reality poor!

I know we gave all our best, but many people are more arrogant,
and think not really...

best regards

Michael