Date:      Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:29:53 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO Z505 SuperSlim Pro and Serial Ports ...

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> I'm trying to use my serial port on my VAIO as serial console for my
> desktop, so that I can debug a hanging ... this thing has a
> 'replicator bar' that has a serial port on it,

My Z505S the port replicator bar, as well. I have used the serial
console to to debug a crash as well as running a getty on it with
no problems.

It is sio0 which is cuaa0 or ttyd0 depending on your needs. Works
fine for me.

Hope this helps.

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited