Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:50:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        james@nexis.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: For mSQL users...

 * > Why don't you import it as "msql-beta"?  Then you can merge it into
 * > the main msql port when it comes out of beta.
 *
 * Not a bad idea.  Who should I talk to about merging the CVS history in
 * when it's out of beta ?

For this particular kind of merge, I don't think it is necessary to do
anything about the CVS history.  Just merge the last revision into the
main msql port, all you will lose is the history on the msql-beta
subtree, which I assume is not going to be much.

FYI, if it's going to be merged in the other direction, i.e. if the
new port is going to be called "msql2" or something and the old one is
to disappear (like tcl/tk ports), then it is necessary to do a
repository copy BEFORE importing the new port.

Satoshi