Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:34:47 +0000
From:      Heggere Raj <hraj@iphase.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Keyboard Lock-up Problem

We have FreeBSD 2.1.6 installed on a PentiumPro box.
Every thing seems to run fine except that once in a
while, quite unexpectedly, the keyboard locks up. It's
a total lock-up too, in the sense, you can't switch
between the virtual screens, Ctl-C doesn't work, actually,
any sort of input from the keyboard becomes impossible.

Based on some posting on the FreeBSD newsgroup, we took
out enries for PS/2 and bus mice from the configuration
file a few days back as a remedy to this proble. But, we
are not sure if this indeed is the "real" fix.

Even though I have logged the problem to the FreeBSD
database, I'm also posting this here in the hope that
some one who has already seen and fixed this sort of
problem could help me.

Any helpful pointers toward fixing this problem will be
much appreciated. Thanks.