Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:51:03 -0500
From:      "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
To:        "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>, Michael Johnson <ahze@freebsd.org>, Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Helping to put FreeBSD GNOME onto more desktops

I am all for the Idea of considering PC-BSD FreeBSD's Officially supported
Desktop.

I assume that is what we are aiming for here. one thing I am a little
confused about though.

Kris more mentioned to me once that, one of the reasons why portupgrade -ar
would not work well on PC-BSD is because,  hal was patched. I am not sure of
the details. but could we pull this patch back into FreeBSD , so that
portupgrade -ar would not mess up PC-BSD?

the only other patch I am aware of is the patch for wine on FreeBSD 6.3, but
one could ignore this as it goes away in PCBSD7 anyway.

for those of us that don't know about it, there is a VERY early alpha build
of PC-BSD7 based on FreeBSD 7 located here
ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-isos/

Just a thought

Sam Fourman Jr.