Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:35:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Speed <nspeed@cyberspace.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freebsd install stalls

Hi all,
I usually install freebsd over ftp with the two floppy disks. (I've never
tried a CD installation.)  I've noticed that during the installation while
files are being downloaded to my computer the process stops and I am
returned to the ftp site menu.  When I enter a choice at this menu the
installation continues where it left off.  This happens several times
during the installation process.  It is not a big deal since I am able to
complete the install.  It just means that I can't start the install and
then walk away and do something else.  Has anybody else experienced this
or do people know what is causing this?
By the way, I've had this same thing happen on multiple versions of
freebsd and on multiple servers.

thanks,
Nathan Speed