Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Priovolos <jim1976us@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUI

Any tips on how to make FreeBSD start with a GUI login screen?

I chose gnome and X-Windows in the install and they run in a weird limited way if I start them up after logining in to a command line. But it doesn't start in a way that allows a login to a GUI as the initial login screen.

Plus, when I try to execute xterm I get Can't open display even though I've set DISPLAY and display environment variables to :0.0 and localhost:0.0 and ip_address_of_box:0.0.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim