Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:56:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        "Michael B. Eichorn" <ike@michaeleichorn.com>
Cc:        m8r-qatwhq@mailinator.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Documentation Project: Is it just me or anyone is interested in reading the FAQ and Hand

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015, Michael B. Eichorn wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-10-23 at 22:29 -0600, Warren Block wrote:
>>
>> We should offer EPUB formats.  I do not have a device that uses them,
>> but understood they could be created from PDFs.
>
> EPUB is a known project that is just awaiting the hands to do it:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage#EPUB_Support_in_Documentation_Build_Infrastructure

Not really hands, but specifics.  What is the best source format for
conversion?  Are there command-line tools for conversion that would not
bloat our doc toolchain too much?  Is the best way to use another XSL
transformation like the one that produces the HTML version?  Is there an
existing set of stylesheets for a DocBook to EPUB transformation that
could be used?

So it comes up, but either other projects have a higher priority, or
volunteer motivation is lacking, or both.  Help with this is welcome.