Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 18:37:43 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, cmiller@canoga.com
Subject:   Re: 4.3 BSD

"Christoph P. Kukulies" wrote in message ID
<199604170803.KAA06282@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>:
> You might want to seek for FreeBSD-1.1.5.1R somewhere or buy the CD
> from Walnut Creek (if it's still on stock). But should you sincerely
> think about installing it don't expect that version to run
> on too modern hardware. Be conservative, choose all SCSI devices,
> an AH15xx controller, no Pentium, no ATAPI CDROM.

It is illegal for W.C. to sell pre-2.0R cdrom's due to an agreement as
previous releases are based on code ``tainted'' with
USL/AT&T/Novell/(whoever holds the copyright this nanosecond)
intellictual property.

I would be VERY surprised if you can find many places willing to give
/ sell you 4.3 based code, even if you have a USL source licence.

Gary