Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:50:14 +0600 (ESD)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        tam@cd.iidpwr.com (Tony Tam)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DigiBoard

> > > dgb0: BIOS download failed
> > > dgb0: Error#(0x0,0x0) code=0x0
> >
> > Does your machine have over 15M of memory ? If so, you need to map
> > your Digiboard to some address in the ISA address hole (between
> > 640K and 1M).
> >
> > -SB
> Serge,
>
>      Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.
>
>      Yes, my machine has more than 15M of RAM. It has 32M byte of RAM.
>
>      I have tried what you recommend. I compiled my kernel with the following option now:
>
> device          dgb0    at isa? port 0x320 iomem 0xf0000 iosiz ? tty
>
>      But I am still having problems. Following is the error messsage
> I am having:
>

>        dgb0: port 0x320 mem 0xf0000

Perhaps, BIOS resides at this address. Try addressed in range 0xC0000-0xEFFFF.
You can just try every address in this range with 8K step but better
read the description of your machine, look in setup and find 8K of
free space in this range.

> Management is eager to make the DigiBoard working with FreeBSD.
> Now, they provide me time and material. So it is the best opportunity
> to get the DigiBoard works.

BTW, do you have the latest version with patches from Oleg Panaschenko ?
If not I can send it to you, it has some serious bugs fixed.

-SB