Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 23:52:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@eng.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Masterplan 1.00 (fwd)

On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, Chuck Robey wrote:

Hi Chuck and everyone,

> On Thu, 14 Sep 1995, -Vince- wrote:
>
> > 	I am attempting to get masterplan working under FreeBSD but have
> > been unsuccessful so I emailed the author and was told that FreeBSD
> > doesn't allow named pipes to be created.  Can anyone confirm this and
> > know what I can do to get masterplan working?  Thanks..
>
> I've never seen masterplan, but named pipes (fifos) do exist under
> FreeBSD.  Take a look at the mkfifo man page.  I think they require one
> or more of the SYSV IPC kernel options, SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, and SYSVMSG.

	I tried replacing mknod with mkfifo as what Jordan and everyone else
told me but when it tried to write, it said broken pipe =(  Anyone out
there used masterplan under FreeBSD?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@apollo.COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!