Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:24:32 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Matej Vela <vela@srv1.cosmo-project.de>
Cc:        peter@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, apsfilter-cvs@srv1.cosmo-project.de
Subject:   cvs question (was Re: cvs commit: src/apsfilter SETUP )

[ CC'd to peter and hackers because of CVS question ]

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 08:42:08PM +0200, Matej Vela wrote:
> vela        2000/04/29 20:42:08 CEST
>
>   Modified files:
>     apsfilter            SETUP
>   Log:
>   Fixed the ordering of $MANDEST choices.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.79      +3 -3      src/apsfilter/SETUP

You should also add a note into the ChangeLog file befor committing
so that people without access to the CVS repository browser also can
keep track of the changes ;-)

Of course this should be done automatically by CVS.

But this needs some thinking and work, which I possibly can't do
in the next time.

CVS has to be changed to know, that only apsfilter relevant patches
are written into the ChangeLog file.

Has to go to commit_prep.pl or log_accum.pl

Don't know if it will be possible to let the just (by the commit)
updated ChangeLog file be part of the commit, so that the new ChangeLog
belongs to the commit .... maybe tricky ...

I should ask Peter, if he thinks, if that will be possible.

Peter, I want to save the work, to manually update the ChangeLog file.
I want, that CVS automatically writes the commit logs to the ChangeLog
file and let that be part of the just happening commit.

Is this a chicken and egg problem, that the change of the ChangeLog
file only could be part of the next committ ???

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html