Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 17:48:40 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM layer

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.10007291240540.67255-100000@beppo.feral.com> you wrote:

> Well, the 'needs' was Justin's take on things. I'm not sure I agree. I tend to
> see ATA like I implement SAF-TE inside SES- SCSI/CAM is a superset of what ATA
> uses, although there are things in ANSI t13 committee that are not well
> represented within t10 (SCSI) yet but can be shoehorned in pretty easily.

Regardless of how the person integrating ATA/ATAPI into CAM decides
to do this, I feel that the CAM layer should be separated out so that
additional protocol types can be grafted to the base.  This gives the
implementer full flexibility to add support for a new stack in whichever
manner seems best.

--
Justin