Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:59:56 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Michael Dexter <dexter@ambidexter.com>, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WANTED: login on a FreeBSD/PowerPC system for toolchain work

At 5:24 PM +0200 2/9/05, Michael Dexter wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>>>I'd also be happy to contribute to the mini-Mac for O'Brien fund,
>>>with the idea that it's probably to my benefit if you happened to
>>>be working on the same model of Mac that I use for FreeBSD/ppc...
>>
>>I don't know how many people would be willing to do this, but there
>>is www.freemacminis.com.

I would rather not bother with that.

>I recently donated a G4 to gallatin. Is this machine working and
>can it serve this purpose?

I (personally) think it would be better to set David up with his own.
I think the more FreeBSD'ers have their own machines to work on, the
faster we'll see progress on PPC.  And I'm sure David would finds ways
to put one to good use.

>I am also happy to contribute to the fund. [...]
>
>I can put up to $250 US into the fund if others are willing to join
>in. Can this go through the FreeBSD Foundation for tax purposes?

I'm willing to contribute $150.  Given the price of the Mac-Mini, it
shouldn't take too many more contributions before we can get a decent
configuration.