Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:59:34 +0100
From:      Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS client over private network

Hello

I have some trouble on a mail server running 9.0-RELEASE-p3

Last week I set up a NFS mounted partition containing 1 Tb of IMAP folders
the NFS mount is done through a private network link on a dedicated giga
ethernet link with the following config :

10.0.0.1/24 <--> 10.0.0.2/24
  mailhub              NFS NetAPP 3210 server

I use MBOX format on this server ( Postfix + Dovecot 2 )

Since I used this configuration a lock problem occured on some INBOXes
here is an example of the problem.

Nov 30 23:59:26 mail postfix/local[35280]: 3YCr470N6MzYmp0:
to=<xxx@esiee.fr>, orig_to=<xxxx@esiee.fr>, relay=local, delay=1527,
delays=1470/39/0/19, dsn=4.2.0, status=deferred (cannot update mailbox
/var/mail/xxx for user xxx. unable to lock for exclusive access:
Resource temporarily unavailable)

I don't think Postfix or Dovecot are responsible because when I do not use
the "private" NFS link this does not happen ... I mean when the
partition is NFS
mounted with public IP addess.

Thanks for any info if you have some ...