Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:23:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        sepehr sohrabi <sepehr_soh@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spoofing source code in kernel

I had two at one stage..
they used two methods.

1/ divert to a daemon that does it... natd has 80% or the logic needed
already.

2/ a netgraph node hooked on top of the ethernet interface.

Unfortunatly I don't have either any more..

Eventually I figured out that I could use ipfw 'fwd'
by forwarding to a dumb proxy. this emant that the tcp session was in
fact terminated by the tcp stack in my machine
and that emulated tcp perfectly :-)