Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:59:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extracting .shars

 * What is the "official" or easiest way to extract a .shar.gz archive for
 * in a port?

Make it BUILD_DEPENDS on gunshar and archivers/gshar+gunshar. :)

Although, if the file doesn't have any junk in front,

EXTRACT_CMD= zcat
EXTRACT_BEFORE_ARGS= # empty
EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS= |sh

would probably work.  You can of course play some sed magic even if
the file has some stuff, but you're better off using gunshar if you
have to go that far.

 * The extraction is not automatic, at least in 2.1.5, I don't know if the
 * newer port-make accepts more suffixes.

No, I haven't added that yet.  I don't think I will.

Satoshi