Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:49:16 +0200
From:      Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@Chaos1.DE>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about postgresql 9 and pg_upgrade

Am 21.09.2010 um 09:15 schrieb Alexander Pyhalov:

> All latest PostgreSQL ports has conflicts with  earlier versions. May =
this be corrected in some way (for example, modify CONFLICTS variable =
and  install each new PostgreSQL version in its own directory, e.g. =
${LOCALBASE}/postgresql/XX/, where XX is 90 , 91 and so on). This will =
allow us to use pg_upgrade to upgrade databases (it needs binary files =
from both new and old postgresql version).
>=20
> How do you advise to solve this problem? Should we compile postgresql =
from sources and avoid using databases/postgresql*-server ports?
Did anybody find a good solution for this?
I'm just planning upgrade from 9.1.x to 9.2.x.

Axel
=2D--
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  =E2=98=80 +49 151 2300 9283  =E2=98=80 computing @ =
chaos claudius