Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 02:50:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another question

In message <Pine.BSF.4.20.9912290443320.20543-100000@sasami.jurai.net> "Matthew N. Dodd" writes:
: If I understand the issue correctly, your call to bus_alloc_resource() is
: failing because you are using bus_generic_alloc_resource() as PCCARD's
: BUS_ALLOC_RESOURCE() handler.
:
: What you should be doing is using your own method to arbitrate access to
: the parents already allocated resources (ie, not passing the resource
: allocation up to the parent's parent.)

Ahhhh.  The light bulb grows bright where once it was dim.  That makes
perfect sense.  For some things I pass it up, for others I give from
the space that I have.

I'll have to go look at the nexus code to see what it does...

Thanks for the pointer.

Warner