Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:48:23 -0700
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD licensed Broadcom VideoCore driver

On 2012-10-24, at 10:10 PM, Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com> wrote:

>=20
> On Oct 24, 2012, at 4:23 AM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>=20
>> Hello,
>> The rpi foundation just posted this up.
>> http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2221
>=20
> There are two very basic pieces missing from the FreeBSD/RPI kernel =
right now:
>=20
> 1) MMC driver.  Oleksandr had one in his github tree but it has not =
been merged to -CURRENT.  I think that's the only obstacle to building =
bootable SD images today.
I'm working on getting it into -CURRENT. Hope to finish by the end of =
the week.

> 2) Framebuffer.  Documentation: http://elinux.org/RPi_Framebuffer
> It looks like it might be a couple days work for someone to tie this =
into sysconf and get a working text console through the HDMI connector.
>=20

Actually framebuffer should be working. You just need to uncomment =
several line in config file and add USB keyboard support.=20