Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:17:18 -0500
From:      "Edward Ing" <inge@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCP/IP on LAN drops after a few minutes.

I have a ethernet lan network with a FreeBSD machine and a dual boot
window98/windowsNT workstation machine. The FreeBSD machine has two NICs,
one on the LAN and one on cable modem on the internet.

Whenever I first boot the FreeBSD machine the TCP/IP is working fine. But
after several miniutes the TCP/IP drops. If I reboot FreeBSD, everthing work
again for five minutes.

The FreeBSD is not set as a gateway or a router. There is no micrsoft
neworking setup on the Win98/WindowsNT machine. This problem occurs with
both NT and 98.

My ethernet cards are Dec Etherworks3 (le0). I have check routing with
netstat -r almost imediately after the network goes down. But nothing is
unusually, it show the default gateway to the Internet and two networks, the
Internet and my LAN.

Anybody encounter this problem before.

Edward Ing