Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 11:02:08 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for Adaptec/Buslogic drivers

> In message <199610311528.AA239535687@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
> "Hr.Ladavac" writes:
> : Your motherboard BIOS must have support for NCR 810 to work--all ASUS'
> : I know do.  Otherwise you need an 815, which are not that easy to find
> : (since nobody needs them :)
>
> OK.  I'll take a look.  Thanks for the info!

     Just FYI, here's a partial list of NCR/Symbios-based boards (I
haven't verified all of this, but I believe it to be correct):

        Data Technology 3130B (815-based, with BIOS).  Note that the
	        "3130B" has a BIOS, whereas the "3130" doesn't.

        Tekram DC-390U, DC-390F, & DC-390W (The 390U and 390F are
	        875-based, and I think the 290W is based upon the 825.
                However, you want to *AVOID* the plain DC-390, as this
                is based upon an AMD chip, and not the NCR/Symbios one.)

        ASUS SC-200 (810-based, without BIOS)

        Tyan S1365 (825-based, fast/wide SCSI, with BIOS)

I don't know if all of these are available in Europe, though.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.