Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:59:13 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No cable modems??

On 20 Dec 2000, at 17:39, Stephen McKay wrote:

> Removing them from the set of systems that can send you mail reduces the
> amount of spam you receive.

I hope this doesn't spread.  I have an ADSL connection and I send mail
directly from my mailserver.  I don't want to send my mailing list server
output through my ISP.  Nor should I.  Part of the idea of handling my
own mail was both the independence and the learning experience.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/