Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:20:51 -0600
From:      pal@taurus.srccomp.com (Paul Leskar)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pal@taurus.srccomp.com
Subject:   Second IDE interface

I have a 486dx2 running FreeBSD. The first IDE interface runs fine. I bought
el-cheapo 16 bit sound card with PNP and a 40 pin IDE interface for a second
IDE port to run my CDROM from. The CDROM is a 16x Mitsumi non-proprietary
interface.

I have been unable to configure the second IDE port to access the CDROM
because, since it is a Mitsumi and the kernel makes a distinction, I don't
know if should be configured as "controller wcd1", "device wcd1" or
"mcd1". I have ensured the master/slave jumpers are correct and that there are
no IRQ conflicts.

Any Hints?

Best Regards,

Paul Leskar