Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:51:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetron03.tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Charlie Root <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache Options directive & ExecCGI

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Charlie Root wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  In my options directive I have:  Options All
>  But I cannot get my index.cgi to  run. The browser give me the error:
>
>  Forbidden
>
>  You don't have permission to access /index.cgi on this server.
>

>  Apache/1.3.6 Server at home.sunnet.co.za Port 80
>
>  I have tried reading the documentation and I still cannot find anything.
>
>  I would also like to add that this is on a virtual server.
>
>  Thanks in advance. Please reply directly to me.

>  with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

I think you may have a permissions issue.  Please check the
permissions on your cgi-bin directory (or any other
directory from which you intend to execute scripts.)  I
believe the correct access flags setting is 0755.

For scripts, I think the correct settings are also 0755.  I
think you will find your index.cgi probably has access
permissions of 744, which is insufficient for the nobody
user.

Note:  You need to do this from within your shell, not via
your apache.conf file.

Gene