Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:32:11 -0800
From:      murray@FreeBSD.org
To:        Doug Porter <dsp@progeny.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interesting CHECKSUM.MD5 file

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 10:17:43PM -0500, Doug Porter wrote:
> The CHECKSUM.MD5 file in releases/ia64/ISO-IMAGES/5.0-RELEASE
> purports to have a MD5 checksum for itself. :)  I did not look to
> see if there were others.

  You can send this sort of email straight to re@ or portmgr@.  Those
groups are responsible for files in the release and packages areas of
the FTP site, respectively.  Not all of those people read this list,
and almost all of the people who read this list can't do anything
about little requests like this.

  Feel free to remove that line from the MD5 checksum on your own site
and modify your mirror configuration to ignore it if it really bothers
you that much. ;)

   - Murray