Date:      23 Dec 1999 20:49:09 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sharing a modem over network

Is it possible to share a modem, installed in a 3.4-R box, with other
computers on LAN? I don't mean for establishing PPP link to an
ISP. What I need is to share the device itself, for faxing and dialing
BBS's.

I need it to be done "transparently" for the applications, i.e. I want
apps on my workstation to be able to work with the modem as if it were
a local comm port.

What would be involved in settin this up?

Thanks!
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who