Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:48:38 -0500
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Paul Taulborg <njaguar@d2jsp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AIC-9410

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:16:26PM -0600, Paul Taulborg wrote:

> Both of these have an Adaptec AIC-9410 SAS controller in them, that is
> apparently not detected (or supported?) by FreeBSD (amd64) (7.0 or 7.1
> RC1)

No verison of FreeBSD has support for the AIC-9410, and I am not aware
of any work to add support for it.

The AIC-9410 is not available as a standalone controller from Adaptec
any longer, so I doubt they have much interest in new driver support
for it.  (It's still used as a component on at least some RAID cards.)

Unfortunately, I suspect your only choices are a different SAS
controller or a different OS.

-Ed