Date:      Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:23:22 GMT
From:      "irado" <irado@subdimension.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Sam Shrenker wrote:

>             i have questions and u most likely have
answers...for years i
> have been convinced that computer crashes and lockups are
perfectly
> normal,,,thanks to ms and apple...then i discovered linux
and freebsd...i
> would like to know if i can run free bsd on a stand alone
pc...the free bsd
> seems to be a better bet than linux when it comes to
internet
> security...currently i am using a mac,,,and computer
crashes and lockups are
> common place...what i would like to know is there enough
software out there
> to merely get me on the internet and could i load free bsd
ona stand alone
> computer without haveing the skills of a programmer...

if it is not a fool's day joke.. Better to expand the size
of your mailbox, as the answer to your question is a big
YES. You can use your FreeBSD box as a everyday machine. I
am not a programmer either.

greetings,
irado furioso com tudo
Linux User 179402

there are more crimes under religions than under atheism.