Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:27:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Chan Tur Wei <twchan@singnet.com.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uhci0: Could not map ports

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0102140218590.469-100000@zargrok.ctlsg.creaf.com> Chan Tur Wei writes:
: Well, I think the IRQ is not the real problem; port address not being
: assigned (i.e. port = 0x0) is the main thing.  On a desktop machine where
: the USB does get detected, the uhci0: line above shows a port address and
: a valid irq.

The basic problem is that the BIOS isn't assigning resources for this
card and expecting the OS to do it.  FreeBSD does this minimially
right now, and needs lots of help.

: So only -current has the good stuff? :) I'm on -stable and would rather
: not switch to -current.  But thanks for the pointer, I'll go grab code and
: take a look-see.

You might be able to do a half solution in stable that would work well
enough for you.  You'll basically have to pick an arbitrary hunk if
high memory and use that for the memory ranges that this part uses.
The interrupt routing is a little harder since you can't just pick
one.

Warner