Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:07:48 +0100
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wishlist item: booting single user mode

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> 	One 'feature' of solaris that I really like is when it boots into
> single user mode...it asks you what shell you want to use, defaulting to
> /bin/sh ...

Which version of Solaris is that?  All my versions just ask me for the
root password and then chuck me straight into root's shell.  This is
in fact a big problem for people who change root's shell to something
daft/nonexistant...

Or do you mean Solaris 1.x (aka sunos 4)?

> 	...what would it take to add that into FreeBSD?

As others have said, it's already there.
--
"Remember the Golden Rule: he who has the gold makes the rules" -- WoID