Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:47:40 +0200
From:      Jonathan McKeown <jonathan+freebsd-questions@hst.org.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building modules distributed with Apache, using ports

This may be a daft question. I freely admit it's a lazy one - I'm hoping
someone has a quick answer that'll save me a couple of hours building a test
server and experimenting.

I built apache 2.0 from ports, using WITH_LDAP - but not WITH_LDAP_MODULES, as
the Makefile.doc says it's implied by WITH_LDAP. As far as I can tell it's
actually the other way round, that WITH_LDAP_MODULES triggers the WITH_LDAP
options (either that or I didn't set it properly).

Be that as it may, I now have an installation of Apache to which I need to add
mod_auth_ldap and mod_ldap from the Apache 2.0 distribution.

Is it possible to use the www/apache20 port to build these, or additional
modules generally, without rebuilding/reinstalling Apache itself?

Jonathan