Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:09:05 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahc(4) reports PCI parity error interrupt

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 01:12:56PM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > > Yes.  Download the latest BIOS for your VIA 82c686 based K7 board.
> > >
> > > This fixed the problems I was observing of a similar nature.
> >
> > Well, I am at the latest rev Asus has up for ftp (rev 1007).
> >
> > --
> > |   / o / /_  _   		email: 	wilko@FreeBSD.org
> > |/|/ / / /(  (_)  Bulte		Arnhem, The Netherlands
>
> Soren has said in the past that some companies only apply the patch if a
> SB Live is detected.  You may wish to try pulling in the patch from
> ata-pci.c (look for "VIA '686b southbridge fix applied\n") and see if it
> helps you at all.

I have not yet tried this yet. But I tried something else
(my EE genes made me try this):

- I moved the Brooktree TV card from the slot furthest from the AGP
  video card to the PCI slot closest to it.

Interestingly enough this made all the PCI errors go away, I ran continous
buildworlds overnight, in parallel with continuous 'dd's of da0 and ad0,
in parallel with fxtv.

All of this ran without a hitch. Interesting..

W/