Date:      02 Apr 2003 09:57:41 +0200
From:      Ranjit <ranjit@rugragging.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO w/ FBSD

r4nj1t
On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 20:07, Eric J.Feldhusen wrote:
> Just curious, has anyone tried a NV170? With any of the 4.x or 5.0?
>
> Eric Feldhusen
>
> On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 12:56 PM, Pierrick Brossin wrote:
>
> > Rodney Salomon wrote:
> >> Anybody ever install FBSD on a VAIO?  Any issues with
> >> the PCMCIA card?  Im trying to install on a F-350.
> >
> > I got a SONY Vaio F-707 (PIII 600 Mhz) no problem!
Hi Eric,

I'm trying to install 5.0 on a NV105, not sure if that's similar to the
NV170.

It's not going so well at the moment, OS is installed and boots. But my
custom kernel won't bring up the fxp interface even though it works with
the Generic config and I can't get the touchpad to work at all ATM. I
saw somewhere that it should work in current. Oh, and I get a whole
bunch of ACPI errors.

For some reason I had to install from CD because with floppies it just
dies with a fatal trap 9, That's both the 4.8 and the 5.0 floppies, also
had no luck with the 4.7 CD.

L8r
r4nj1t