Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:48:38 +0000
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Technological advantages over Linux

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 21:16:00 +0700
Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:

> For example, the absence of Docker (or analogous technology) for FreeBSD
> is a huge disadvantage. We need to name really superiour features to
> make up for this shortage.

	pkg search docker shows a lot of packages including:

docker-18.09.5_1               Open-source application container engine
docker-compose-1.24.0_1        Define and run multi-container applications
with Docker

	Looks like we have docker - but IMHO jails are better lightweight
containers with a *much* longer track record and there's bhyve for full
blown virtualisation.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>