Date:      Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:08:35 -0500
From:      Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   releng_5_4 install problems and a question about a possible work around

Well just working on installing Freebsd 5.4 on a Toshiba Tecra M3.
The problem I have run into is that it hangs during the loading the
kernel up. It hangs right after seeing uhci. FreeBSD 6.0 can get past
it, but decided to whack the MBR in the proccess even when told not
to mess with it.

I was wondering what it would take to rework the 5.4 install cd to it
had a 5stable kernel. IIRC I remember seeing some changes to usb code
on it some time post 5.4.